Saturday, July 27, 2013

TRAN'S MISSION 1_ SAN SEBASTIAN

While the taxi driving along the river early in the morning, my heart was filled of excitement and nervous for if I would be able to catch the sun rise at the Wind Comb.  I kept looking at my watch and the sky and hope the sun didn't rise so fast.  I could not communicate with the drive in Spanish, but somehow I guess he read my body language and began to speed up.... The fresh wind blow through the window brought the memory of those days I went to school every morning in Viet Nam....But...no longer high school, Tran's on mission_capturing the beauty of the San Sebastian in sun rise.... 

Finally, the taxi stopped... The driver gave me the card and tried to tell me to call if I need to get a ride back.  It is a super funny experience when you can't speak a language but if you tried to listen and guess hard enough, you will get by. The conversation with the driver reminded me the time I arrived the bus station in San Sebastian... I needed to catch the bus to my hostel, but OHHH BOyyyyy.... I dont know how I survived with my poor Spanish, but I did it. I pulled all my Spanish vocabulary which is "Aki" and a finger to point at the map and the address of the hostel... People tried to help me. They spoke among each other, pretty intense conversation.  Then they got back to me, andddd alllll Spanish words were threw at me... I had no idea what they said... and...."Si... si... si..." I followed their hand pointed at the direction that I should go.... 

It was absolutely beautiful, whatever in front of my eyes... I couldn't keep my mouth close.  The horseshoes beach is completely calm and absolutely beautiful.  The beautiful nature had not been interrupted by the present of human yet.  The sculpture the Wind Comb are there on the rocks.  The red color of metal rotting from the sculpture run down along the rock.  Soooooo beautifulllllll!!!!! The sun was rising up from behind the small island.  The wave kept hitting to the shore.  The sky was changing color from purple to yellow.... It was so beautiful when there were not a lot of people.  One fisher man... Several people jogging, they came and gone... Some men cleaned up the sand and set up chairs and umbrellas on the beach...... 

The higher the sun rise, the lower the water get....It was not a best time to experience the wind and the water rise through those wind holes on the floor... My mission was to capture the beauty at the absolutely right moment.  No mission is impossible for Tran's mission. Hahahahhaha......Therefore I decided to come back later in the afternoon and hope the water would get higher and stronger....   It was 9 am.... I walked along the shore and stopped at every interesting points that marked on the map.  I had a day to kill anyway.  

I was back to the center of the city.  I walked inside Maria cathedral and Vicente church... The music was fulfilled the entire interior space.... Light was coming down from the windows and casting the shadows on the statues.  The pains that people probably suffer for a period of time was revealed...

Tapas and sangria for lunch..... Tran's mission kept going.... 

San Sebastian beach at 5pm
I took the bus back to the Wind Comb.... Things changed completely in no time.  The density of people was extreme!!!!! The wind got stronger.  The monster woke up with the heavy breaths..... Oh noooooo, my battery died... and I was running out of time... I had 15 mins to complete mission....I ran to the coffee shop close by to charge my phone and got some napkins to show the movement of the winds through the holes..... 

Finally mission was completed, but I was better run for my life..... My bus to Bilbao was going to leave in 40 minutes..... Run.... run... run..... This is part of study architecture in Spain: hit the road hard, capture the beautiful moment, and run.......









 

  


No comments:

Post a Comment