Friday, July 26, 2013

Don't Wait, JUST DO IT

You had a dream of traveling around the world when you were 10. When you turned 20, you thought you should focus on college and stuff, so you didn't go. When you turned 30, you were so busy with work and thought you still got time. When you turned 40, you had your own kids and you wouldn't go.
Time flies! So live in the present. Do what you have been dreaming for and don't hold back.

I am glad that I made the decision to come to Spain for my last summer as a Berkeley student. Not only did I met all the great friends who I wish I knew earlier, I got the chance to travel around Europe also, even just a weekend during the program time.

After the class excursion to Granada, I went to Cordoba and Sevilla for the same day!

And catched my overnight bus from Sevilla to Lisbon on Saturday. I basically was in two countries and 4 cities within 24 hours!

Lisbon was a great city with great views and food. It actually reminded me of San Francisco a lot, with its hilly streets, cable cars, and the replica of the Golden Gate/Bay Bridge. 

I took one day for a road trip to two little towns of Sintra and Cascais, both around 1 hour away from Lisbon by train. Sintra is such a fairy tale town with its beautiful landscape and the World Heritage castle, palace and houses. Cascais, on the other hand, was a beach town towards the Atlantic.


About a month later, I catched my flight from Alicante to Amsterdam on a Friday night. Amsterdam to me was very different, with its rings of canals and tolerate culture. As the most bike-friendly city in the world, Amsterdam definitely had the best public transit system. I rented a bike for 10 euros for 24 hours. 

Besides the spectaculars of the Red Light District and coffeeshops, the museums in Amsterdam were definitely worth a visit- Van Gogh, Rembrandt, etc. There was this museum of fluorescent art called the Electric Ladyland was also intriguing. 



So, definitely seize your opportunities to travel! It's never too early to plan and decide to go!

-Bob Esponja


1 comment:

  1. You are the one travel a lot inside and outside of Spain during the program, Bobby!! we hated you for going out all by yourself, because we missed having you in our group trips. But I am happy for you that you got a chance to see a lot more than I did!!!
    -tran

    ReplyDelete