Friday, July 26, 2013

21 in Spain

Turning 21 in Spain pretty much has no significance to the culture of this country, or Europe in general. So pretty much being 21 here doesn't mean anything. Although I was not asked to show my ID when at the bar (which I hardly remember btw), I was still able to experience an awesome 21st birthday here with some amazing people. Not only was I sung Happy Birthday to in both English and Spanish, I was also surprised with an ice cream cake (which is one of my favorites, aside from my moms fun-fetti cake). Lets just say that I am happy I made it out of the Pension and to the bar, even if I slept on the foosball table, threw up the whole way home (since I had to leave my own birthday celebration early), missed out on dancing at the club, and woke up the following morning in a pool of fresh pasta in my bed (which I didn't realize until I came back from the beach to see the sunrise). Being 21 in Spain will never compare to being 21 in the United States, but it is definitely special when you are able to spend it with people who care about you, so for that I am grateful for.

Thanks for the great time guys, I will never forget it.





-Matt Blanchette

No comments:

Post a Comment