Tuesday, July 3, 2012

New Studio Experience

Even before I came to Spain, I've been hearing that Spain studio is a totally new and different experience. And indeed, it is nothing like any other studio I have experienced in Berkeley. For starters, there is no allnighters involved, well, because studio closes at 9pm. Even if you want to, you can't stay up all night trying to finish your project in studio. Second, you see and learn so much more than just architecture. You experience new culture and people. I guess this video of our site visit to  Centro de Tecnificación de Alicante would be a good example of that. Instead of frantically taking pictures of the building and sketching the site and taking mad notes on the surrounding environment, you can actually enjoy being in the space and spend time exploring the space. Can you ever imagine doing this in your other site visits in other Berkeley studio? I think not. ;)

I am loving my studio experience in Spain!

-SK

No comments:

Post a Comment