Monday, July 16, 2012


I am a moment hunter...

I haven't always done this as a full time job,
I didn't have the time.
But being here in Spain,
away from (almost) all responsibility at home,
and what seems the elongated Spanish time
has allowed me to take my job more seriously.

You see,
I crave for those instances
when time and space make an agreement to create something…
these somethings are rare.
they are special.
I see a certain thing at a certain time,
a certain place, with certain people.
All which make it an irreplicable memory.

Sometimes these are moments of chance,
they are moments of surprise.
They don't have to mean anything
to anyone, but you.
They don't have to hold some astronomical phenomenon,
intellectual thinking,
or some cultural significance.
They just have to strike you.

With movement unhurried,
they are times that force one
to expel the outside world of all its worries,
and focus on one singular event or action.

Moments when the lighting is perfect,
and the view is one of a kind.
Yet these moments are not just for the eyes.
The are for listening, for smelling, for tasting, for the touch.
They are an absorption
of emotional & sensorial experiences.

How do you become a moment hunter you ask?
i don't really know,
its just instinctual.
A person who is looking for something he doesn't know of.
He doesn't know what it looks like.
He doesn't know what it smells, tastes, or feels like.
But when that moment comes,
and he has found it
(almost epiphany like)
he knows it.

Some are slow to come.
some build up.
some come at you from nowhere.

So when found..
snatch,
seize,
and enjoy every moment of it.
Because some last all night.
Some last for a second
And some are missed by the blink of an eye.
But when caught by the moment hunter…
it lasts forever.





These are SOME of the moments in my travel through Europe I will never forget…
 ...and some i choose to keep secret.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful...I wish I knew who the author/moment hunter is. Alex

    ReplyDelete