Monday, June 20, 2016

Search for the little girl



This is taken from Castle of Santa Barbara in Alicante. The city, the ports, the beach. All in 360. 


When I was young, I remember myself to be an adventurous and fun soul. I liked to run around untamed. I climbed and jumped like most kids. I was invincible. I didn't hold back and I didn't look back.

Somewhere in a cruel growing up world, I had forgotten that part of me. I became someone who I didn't recognize any more. 

After coming to UC Berkeley, I was in deep search of finding that girl. That girl who lives in my distant memory. And slowly, I began to see changes. Though it was a small step, I found opportunities to be happy again like I once did, doing things like camping, climbing and hiking. I was reclaiming myself. 

And coming to Spain was a bigger step of all and adrenaline rushed down my spine as I stepped my foot in Madrid. And that joy was something I hadn't felt for years. I simply fell in love walking everywhere. And it felt so natural to be that girl once again. I remembered what it felt like to walk without worries and running towards something exciting. 

Of all, I find most happiness climbing and hiking all the way to the top. 
I'm still not sure why I feel this way about going towards the top but the view is breathtaking and it makes it all worth it. 

The expression "its beautiful" cannot do justice. There is something more than that. Like my eyes have the ability to capture something exquisite not like my camera could and that moment, I don't think of anything else. I look at what's in front of me. 


"Eiffel Tower" as Jenny and I call it. Spotted at every beach. Perfect for people watching and for better horizon view towards the sea. Extremely fun. I don't know why.


Toyo Ito. Urban Ruin, my photographer friends would call this "Urban Decay". Exterior is confusing. Getting into Interior and experiencing it from inside ... compelling.


My feet above ground

- UJ KIM -

No comments:

Post a Comment