Sunday, June 26, 2016

MI AMOR, HELADO.

Hello Everyone!

It is day 26 of Spain Summer Abroad, day 27 since I have been in this beautiful country, and I AM LOVING IT. So far, we have been studying the rituals we have see in Guardamar del Segura and the rituals we have developed as a class. Among the many rituals I have seen and done, one ritual has resonated with me: the ritual of helado.

I know, I know. You're probably thinking "Helado? Helado in Spain? Is that really what you're going to blog about, Shannon?" Yes. Yes, it is. This ritual is unlike any other. It is personal. It is a relationship that is raw and beautiful- so beautiful that it should be considered a classic romance.

My ice cream ritual began once we arrived to Guardamar (home base). Everyday at 2pm I order the menú at the Pensión Jaen, and the best part of the meal is the dessert at the end: always, always helado. You must be thinking that the ice cream here is nothing compared to the ice cream in Berkeley, but you. are. wrong. The ice cream here is rich, creamy, and available everywhere you go. I can honestly say that I have developed a stomach JUST for helado. I can't go a day without AT LEAST two cones of helado.

Since we have arrived, I have documented all the ice cream I have consumed. This beautiful ritual of mine has been a blessing and a curse (it's freshman 20 all over again. Sorry, mom), but it has become an important part of my summer abroad.

 Here are a few images from my photo album, Mi Amor, Helado! 




















*Fun fact: I'm lactose intolerant*

Enjoy, my friends! 

- Shan 




No comments:

Post a Comment