Sunday, June 19, 2016

Let There be Light

It has almost been 3 weeks since I first arrived in Spain. We've done a lot of traveling to different cities since, like Madrid, Valencia, Alicante and of course, Guardamar, our home base! I feel like these past three weeks, I have learned quite a lot about the culture and lifestyle here and I am adapting. In terms of food, I find Spanish food a bit too salty for me. However, I am now officially a fan of paella! Anyway, besides the joy of simply seeing new places, this summer, I am also learning to question and seek for deeper meanings. Light is definitely one theme that continues throughout these travelings and visits to buildings and ruins. Here are some of the pictures I took!


Light shaft at Atocha Rail Station, Madrid. You can't really see the light shaft in this picture, but the real one was breathtaking.



Light coming in from the glass on the dome at Central Market in Valencia


Light at a beach in Valencia where Sorolla painted


Centre Arqueològic de l'Almoina. This used to be a public bath for the Romans back then. Water is stored in between the glass panels on top. I find it interesting how the shadow casted by the sun looks like flowing water, as if the public bath was still filled with water!


Palau de les Arts Reina Sofia.



Inside outside?


Light at Castillo de Santa Barbara






Interplay of shadows.

~Adriana 

No comments:

Post a Comment