Sunday, June 12, 2016

//Embarking on a Quest Narrative//

Place

It only seems natural to begin my first blog post to reflect on everything that has occurred since I’ve arrived to Spain—to chronologically and very orderly lay out what I’ve learned so far. Yet, since I’ve arrived and began to write in my sketchbook daily, I’ve sort of focused on miniscule moments that have largely impacted my experiences.

And somehow, I still want to generally give an overview of my larger experiences here. The miniscule moments have been reflected on already, and I realize how they’ve affected the larger moments.

So here I go,
                dissecting moments based on place:

MADRID

A visit to Joaquin Sorolla’s home: Seeing the work of a man imprisoned by his yearn of Valencia.


VALENCIA


Playa De La Malvarrosa: The moment I felt like I had finally arrived to Spain.


GUARDAMAR DEL SEGURA

Castillo de Guardamar: Learning the historic layers of my new home and climbing to one of those layers thereafter. Beginning to understanding the soul of a space.


ALICANTE

Castillo de Santa Barbara: Experiencing the choreography of space.


Laila Audelo

No comments:

Post a Comment