Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Not According to Plan

I had written this post on paper yesterday night, but between then and now, it’s disappeared. I went looking for it in the common room, and our room, and other people’s rooms, and the terrace but no luck. The post is missing.  I also thought the portable speaker had been lost. We took it to the beach, and I didn’t bring it back. A few days later, it showed up again. We took it to the beach, and again I didn’t bring it back. This time, the speaker didn’t make its way to me. I had thought it was lost forever. Yesterday, sifting through closet by accident, I realized the speaker was in our room that entire time. I broke the glass of my watch in Valencia. I sat on the adapter for GoPro camera and broke it while trying to nap on my bag. I’m not worried about the things in life that don’t go to plan. I move on, but this trip has reminded me that moving on when it involves other people’s time isn’t the same. I’ll keep it in mind when involving myself into other people’s lives.

Marc

No comments:

Post a Comment