Monday, July 14, 2014

Transitions



A journey with no clear destination
A trek in the grays of the unknown
I take the narrow road that few go on
As the hot summer wind blows

Questions run through my mind
Doubts arise
My body is weary
As my resolve defies

A battle between mind and body
A conflict between two
Like the clash of a clanging cymbal
A fury of disjunct chords ensue

The levant whips my long hair to and fro
Rays of sunlight strike my bare face
I close my eyes, surrendering control
A fade to black
A fade back

Flashes of the past pierce the darkness
Glimpses of blue and red
Textures and sound run through my head
I lift my fingers in the air
Only to grasp nothingness

Soon the hazy blur begins to sharpen
As darkness gives way to light
Jolts of energy pump through my veins
My eyes adjust to a familiar yet foreign world

The destination is still unclear
Yet the hills and valley of the journey
The standing at crossroads
The sharp turns of the rocky path
The meeting of unfamiliar faces
No longer break my resolve
For the moment is all I posses
The past has past, the future is a mystery
All I can latch onto is me, myself, and I
As I face the expanse of infinity

- Jocelyn Chiou



No comments:

Post a Comment