Monday, July 14, 2014

Foreign foods in Barcelona Part 1

First thing we were missing was Mexican food. After wandering around on foot visiting some of the closer sites, we reached our desired destination, the Rosa Negro. There, we were happy to find 3€ frozen margaritas and beautifully layered sangrias: the salt-rimmed glasses of margaritas not skimpy where it was needed, and the white lemon granizado underneath the red wine of the sangria made the taste so smooth.
And then the main attraction, the enchiladas, burritos, and tacos. Myself, I ordered a cochinta burrito,  if you know me, the size of my stomach, then you will understand when I say I finished the plate, half the burrito the size of my two fists tight together. The slow cooked pork was the juiciest meat I have had in a very long time. The rice was cooked just right unlike the soggy, the crunchy, and other textures resulting from different degrees of "cooked" rice that I've had all over Spain. The flavor of it all was never overpowering, but even so, the unevenness in distribution allowed me to refresh my palate after each half.
I'm generally more ignorant to ambiance than food, but I'll briefly describe. The interior was gaudy with color, had shoes and sombrero brims decorating the walls, and chairs lined up on some unreachable cove nestled in the wall. The lampshades were red, so the mirrors around the top tier reflected a pink glow.
Overall, my burrito earned a 9/10, the ambience, in my opinion, wasn't something I cared for, the food lost done points on authenticity, and the drinks were good. This, Rosa Negro earned a 8/10, being one of the better experiences  in Barcelona.

Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment