Monday, July 14, 2014

Spain Summer Studio

I was always wondering why the program was held in Guardamar out of all places in Spain. Why couldn’t it be held in a bigger city with more well-known architecture? What were they going to make us do in a tiny beach town? I guess there were way more things here than what I first imagined. On top of the city there’s actually a castle (although in ruins), a pretty nice and clean beach (unlike the one in Alicante), a sand dunes with an archaeological site attached to it, and some really nice people (although they all look at me strangely because I’m Asian).

Being able to get a meal everyday just by walking downstairs, having a beach, supermarket and chino store just less than 10 minutes away by foot, and a bunch of café surrounding the Pension, I realized how convenient this town really was and how much money we were actually saving compared to living out in the big city.


One of the things I looked forward to the most in the program were our two excursions, where we were able to go out and explore the big cities and see what Spain was really like. Although it was enjoyable and fun, nothing beats coming back home to the mellow city of Guardamar where I could finally do my laundry and lie around doing nothing for an entire day. No matter how much I loved going out to the cities, it’s still great to be able to come back to a less intense environment and chill out for a bit.

- Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment