Sunday, July 31, 2011

Comida!!!!!

In Spain, they have a long break called siesta every day. During siesta hours, all the stores are closed but restaurants and cafes. When we are not traveling, we ate at Pension every day except weekends.

Vincente, who is the owner of the pension and restaurant, fed us really good. Whenever we are outside of Guadamar, I missed endless food that they served. Usually, we got three dishes and we had a choice for each dishes. Through Pension food, I got to try many typical Spanish dishes such as Tortilla and Paella and something new and never thought of eating before, such as rabbit, and ostrich.

There are some of my favorite dishes!!!

Alioli: (this is not a dish.) It is like a Spanish mayonnaise and it has a nice kick of garlic. Great with bread and salad!! You get to eat every day if you eat at Pension.

Paella: Paella is a typical Spanish food. The Pension Paella is probably not the authentic paella but I really liked it and ate almost every day. They call it Chicken paella but it is actually rabbit meat I heard.

Fish Soup: When I was not mood for Paella, I had fish soup. It is very flavorful and contains lots of seafood. They seemed to have different seafood every time I ordered but good.

Vegetable soup: yammy!!! But it is not vegetarian. It has meat in it.

Tortilla: Tortilla is a Spanish omelet and it usually has potatoes and onions. Very good with picante sause!!! Tortilla sandwich is also good as well.

Fish (main dish): they bring different kind of fish every day. Since Guardamar is by the beach, they have really fresh fish every day.

ostrich: it is a secret menu. You have to ask Vincente if you have them or not. I have never eaten ostrich before. Surprisingly, it was tasty and did not have lots of fat.

For sure, I am going to miss these foods. Now, I am scared to get on the scale when I get back…

Yoshie

No comments:

Post a Comment