Friday, July 29, 2011


Being in Guardamar for nearly 2 months has taught me that what is to be learned is not always something that you don't already know. Our professor did not set out to put ideas into our minds, and instead fostered moments where self discovery could occur. What is my discovery here in this unique and remote portion of Spain? -- Architecture does not need to be rational. You can choose to dedicate the bulk of your conceptualizing to sculpting, engineering, or some sort of logical contextual mapping... or you can admire the wonderfully sinuous curves of the human form. For a while, I believe I will be a navigator amongst the currents of my mind instead of trying to force a path. I'd thank you for this lesson if I wasn't so confused as to whether or not I've known it all along.

No comments:

Post a Comment