Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Tea House/Mansion

The tea house, like us, is a foreign object in the Spanish world. It takes over an hour to drive through desolate, rural Spain to reach the place, and mid-way through the trip you begin to feel as if Alex is planning to leave you in the middle of the desert. Upon arival, you feel like you've flown to Morocco or some Islamic country, for the architecture and the residents there match that culture.

The objective of the tea house is pure relaxation and conversation. You can find nice couches and pillows in multiple rooms in the house, and numerous rugs outside to sit. Tea comes next, and you can follow that with hookah or probably other substances not listed on the menu.

The tea house was one of the most intersting places I encountered over my trip. I expected the tea and the hookah, but the house itself was such a surprise. The architecture and the huge scale of the grounds was unexpected. I also never thought I'd see peacocks, cats, and baby dogs running around the place while I sat and enjoyed my tea.

This place was a gettaway from real life. When we came here, we forgot about our school work and presentations, and were able to enjoy something different. Classmates and teachers became pure friends, and we were able to experience everything as equals. Most of our trips away from Guardamar were intended to let us discover new things, but I feel that at the tea house we reflected on things that we had already found.


Zackerias

No comments:

Post a Comment