Thursday, June 24, 2010

shots from above...

Our first assignment was to photograph the mercadillo, its a weekly market that takes over the streets, I knew I wanted to take my photos from a unique angle, a unique perspective… so I decided to climb on some roofs to get a shot from above. I guess I was pretty inspired because it’s becoming a theme for my trip here…


This is one my the shots of the market from on top of a roof



Me on the roof, Shawn had to give me a boost so I could get up, an old lady was yelling at me from the building next door, the only thing I recognized was “por que?” I just kept pointing to my camera and saying “fotos…fotos”



This is a shot from the 4th floor of the public library, somehow I got a lady to let me and Shawn in her office to photograph the market from her window, nice lady…



In Murcia I went to the top floor of the new Town Hall, there was an office with a window facing the Iglesia Catedral de Santa MarĂ­a AKA Catedral de Murcia, there was about 5 people in there talking, but there was a lounge area so I didn’t feel awkward going in, but when they noticed me I just pointed to the camera, then the window, and one of the ladies opened the door to the balcony, pretty cool! and another nice lady...



Last night Guardamer had a big bonfire celebration called the ‘Night of Magic”. I climbed up the lifeguard tower to get this shot, there’s no ladder or steps for the first 10 feet or so, I had to jump and pull myself up because Shawn wasn’t there to give me a boost :U( he was hanging out with KENNY! :U)

-SCOTT ANDREW REITZ

No comments:

Post a Comment