Monday, July 27, 2015

Fiat Lux










Currently in my stay in Spain, my general theme of my photography is: light.
Of course all the snapshots that were taken during day should show sunlight in some way but capturing unique moments where light interacts with the space was challenging and fun at the same time. 

In the book that I read during this summer, it quotes, "light is an extraordinary device that gives life to every other object in this planet...once the light shines upon the dark dusty space, there, the flying dusts are born again as flying organisms."

From this quote, I pondered perhaps Sorolla may have put focus on "light" in all of his paintings because of its important role.
Maybe light was a device to re-call and give "life" to his paintings into vivid living memories. 

-Joan Kang

No comments:

Post a Comment